Anthony Caffrey is the firm’s appellate, insurance coverage, and research/writing specialist, with 100+ appellate matters completed and/or pending. He has been recognized by Michigan Super Lawyers for his appellate and litigation work. AV® Preeminent TM Peer Review Rated.
- State University of New York at Buffalo (B.A., Urban and Public Policy), 1993
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School (J.D., magna cum laude), 1999
Admitted to the Bar
- State Bar of Michigan: 1999
- U.S. District Court of Michigan, Western District: 1999
- U.S. District Court of Michigan, Eastern District: 2004
- U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit: 2005
- Kent County Circuit Court Civil Case Evaluator, 2010 to Present
- Former Adjunct Professor of Advanced Legal Research and Writing
- 100+ Appellate matters completed and/or pending
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubble
- Kent County Circuit Court civil case evaluator
- Selected for inclusion in 2011 Michigan Super Lawyers
- Selected for inclusion in 2012 Michigan Super Lawyers
- Anthony Caffrey served as an invited representative of the State Bar of Michigan at a May 8, 2009, Caseflow Management Workshop sponsored by the Supreme Court Administrative Office. The workshop included select attorneys, judges, and court administrators. The purpose of the workshop was to analyze the time standards imposed on Michigan’s Circuit Courts in handling cases, appeals, and writs.
- Anthony Caffrey was approved to serve as a case evaluator for Kent County
- Selected for inclusion in 2011 Michigan Super Lawyers.
- Selected for inclusion in 2012 Michigan Super Lawyers.
- AV® Preeminent TM Peer Review Rated.
- Banaszak v Northwest Airlines,477 Mich 895; 722 NW2d 433 (2006)
- Richardson v Rockwood Center, 275 Mich App 244; 737 NW2d 801 (2007)
- Bosanic v Motz Development, Inc, 277 Mich App 277; 745 NW2d 513 (2007)
- Latham v Barton Malow Co, 480 Mich 105; 746 NW2d 868 (2008)
- Terlecki v Silver Lake Property Association, 278 Mich App 644; 754 NW2d 899 (2008), lv den 482 Mich 1057; 758 NW2d 244 (2008)
- Michigan Division—Monument Builders of North America v Michigan Cemetery Association, 524 F3d 726 (6th Cir 2008)
- Shawl v Spence Brothers, Inc, 280 Mich App 213; 760 NW2d 674 (2008), lv den 483 Mich 913 (2009)
- Dreyer v Exel Indus, SA, 326 Fed Appx 353 (6th Cir. 2009)
- Romain v Frankenmuth Mut Ins Co, 483 Mich 18; 762 NW2d 911 (2009)
- Numerous unpublished and unreported appellate matters.
- Appellate Practice
- Civil Litigation
- Commercial Disputes
- Insurance Defense
- Insurance Coverage
- Radioactive Waste Disposal Disputes
- Employment/Labor Disputes
- Toxic Torts
- “Reconsidering MCR 2.119(F)(3)”; Michigan Appellate Practice Journal, Spring 2011, Vol. 15, No. 1. Link.
- “Defense Research Institute’s Covered Events: One-Year Tolling Back Provision, Analysis of Devillers v. Auto Club Insurance Association,” 473 Mich 562 (2005), August 2005.
- State Bar of Michigan
- Appellate Section of the State Bar of Michigan; Council member
- Michigan Defense Trial Counsel
- Advocates Guild of the Michigan Supreme Court
- Defense Research Institute, Insurance Coverage Section
- International Society of Primerus Law Firms