Robert Kaatz concentrates his practice in civil defense cases, including automobile negligence and first and third party coverage.
Mr. Kaatz gained extensive experience inside the courtroom while working as an Oakland County court clerk for five years.
A military veteran, Mr. Kaatz served for four years in the U.S. Army as an officer in an M1A1 tank battalion at Fort Riley, Kansas, as tank platoon leader, tank company executive, and battalion personnel officer. He received two Army Achievement Medals and an Army Commendation Medal.
- Michigan State University (B.A., Economics), 1992
- Wayne State University Law School (J.D., magna cum laude), 2002
Admitted to the Bar
- State Bar of Michigan: 2003
- U.S. District Court of Michigan, Western District: 2005
- U.S. District Court of Michigan, Eastern District: 2004
- U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit: 2004
- Oakland Circuit Court Civil Case Evaluator
- Oakland Circuit Court civil case evaluator
- Member of Wayne State University Law Review
- Oakland County court clerk for five years
- Served for four years in the U.S. Army as an officer in a M1A1 tank battalion
- The Use of Credit Scoring in Rating and Underwriting Personal
- Insurance, Michigan Bar Journal, June 2009
- Novel Scientific or Medical Evidence, Michigan Bar Journal, May 2004
- State Bar of Michigan; Member of Rochester Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Born in Richmond, Michigan